Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nice to see Betsy Andreu get her due

Chris is offline VSalonistas

Default Nice to see Betsy Andreu get her due

Good article on cyclingnews. Betsy Andreu: No Longer A Voice In The Wilderness | Cyclingnews.com
    In a lot of ways, she is responsible for this whole stack of cards crumbling to the ground. She still doesn't pull any punches. I lost some more respect for big George and all the other guys who "came clean" after reading her perspective.
    Chris

rabo is offline VSalonistas

Default Re: Nice to see Betsy Andreu get her due

Respect her guts, but I feel that if you are in the room as a visitor of a (at that moment terminal) cancer patient, you step out of the room if the doctor steps in, or you keep everything said confidential period.

dbh
    dbh is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by rabo View Post
    Respect her guts, but I feel that if you are in the room as a visitor of a (at that moment terminal) cancer patient, you step out of the room if the doctor steps in, or you keep everything said confidential period.
    Read the affidavit. Frankie told her to stay in the room when the docs came in. She heard him confess. Ain't like she's a doc, priest, or lawyer.

jbartmc is offline VSalonistas

Interesting perspective, and one I have not thought about yet.

e-RICHIE is offline Administrator

Terminal - at that moment?
    I need to hear more about this atmo...

henry g. is offline VSalonistas

BS. She was not his doctor or lawyer or priest. She was under no obligation to lie to protect a cheat and she did not have the protection a doctor or lawyer would receive to protect client's confidences. Lance should not have assumed that everyone around him had a duty to act as his flunkies aiding and abetting his fraud.

Z3c
    Z3c is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    Terminal - at that moment?
    I need to hear more about this atmo...
    Pretty accurate IMHO; his initial diagnosis was pretty severe. I think that had lot to do with feeling compelled to be honest with the Doc's..

j44ke is offline VSalonistas

As I remember, the Andreus were asked direct questions about their knowledge of Armstrong's doping while they were under oath. I'm not sure that confidentiality was an option at that point as they were neither family nor professionals bound by attorney client stipulations.

What impresses me is that they are still married. According to Hamilton, Frank lied to Betsy repeatedly about his doping or just avoided her questions altogether. If it is an S&M marriage now, then yuck. But if they've hammered it all straight between them, then chapeau. They don't teach that kind of marital fortitude in home ec. You earn that merit badge with sweat equity.

Chance Legstrong is offline VSalon Podium Boy

Women are the stronger sex. period.
    "make the break"

Michael White is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    As I remember, the Andreus were asked direct questions about their knowledge of Armstrong's doping while they were under oath. I'm not sure that confidentiality was an option at that point as they were neither family nor professionals bound by attorney client stipulations.

What impresses me is that they are still married. According to Hamilton, Frank lied to Betsy repeatedly about his doping or just avoided her questions altogether. If it is an S&M marriage now, then yuck. But if they've hammered it all straight between them, then chapeau. They don't teach that kind of marital fortitude in home ec. You earn that merit badge with sweat equity.
    these are good points about life and grownups, etc. . . . in the context of a sport which is all pretty much an egotistical childish mess from every angle.

tiggyboo is offline VSalonistas

I view Betsy as somewhat of a professional "outer" who just wouldn't know what to do with herself if she weren't embroiled in a media sh*tstorm. She goes way beyond "dutifully" testifying in the hospital room incident, she twists the knife by kicking those that finally came forward while they're down, e.g., "they're not sorry..." Granted, she was obligated to testify truthfully, but there's something about a self described "Hockey Mom" being so zealous about dragging guys down that, given their status on the cycling circuit (drugs or not) have demonstrated a level of character and commitment she could only dream about. She and Lance, as Tyler Hamilton stated in his book, are more alike than either would prefer to acknowledge: mean spirited, vengeful, self righteous and in need of constant attention (my words, not Tyler's). Her real "living hell" will come when she has no one left to point the finger at while foaming at the mouth. Christ, of all the players involved, I feel for Frankie the most. Can you imagine?

DOOFUS is offline VSalonistas

I hope the Livestrong check cleared for you, tiggy

davids is offline VSalonista

Quote Originally Posted by tiggyboo View Post
    I view Betsy as somewhat of a professional "outer" who just wouldn't know what to do with herself if she weren't embroiled in a media sh*tstorm. She goes way beyond "dutifully" testifying in the hospital room incident, she twists the knife by kicking those that finally came forward while they're down, e.g., "they're not sorry..." Granted, she was obligated to testify truthfully, but there's something about a self described "Hockey Mom" being so zealous about dragging guys down that, given their status on the cycling circuit (drugs or not) have demonstrated a level of character and commitment she could only dream about. She and Lance, as Tyler Hamilton stated in his book, are more alike than either would prefer to acknowledge: mean spirited, vengeful, self righteous and in need of constant attention (my words, not Tyler's). Her real "living hell" will come when she has no one left to point the finger at while foaming at the mouth. Christ, of all the players involved, I feel for Frankie the most. Can you imagine?
    Yeah, poor Frankie, being married to a person with a moral compass and a backbone. Betsy has been the most consistent, long time accuser of LA. And as the evidence has come out her accusations have been consistently verified.

"Great" first post tiggyboo!
    GO!

Chris is offline VSalonistas

If you had spent years being dismissed and villified like she was (and you're well on your way here) I think that when people finally owned up to the truth you had been telling from the beginning there might be some hard feelings involved. Besides, when you look at some of these admissions and then declarations about how they stopped doping once Lance was gone, that gets to be a little laughable in itself.
    Chris

Moke is offline VSalonistas

If she was an employee of the facility, patient confidentiality would apply .As a visitor, what ya hear ya hear. You are under no legal obligation, maybe not in the best of taste, but they pretty much saw her there and talked anyway.

mainemike is offline VSalonistas

does anyone know what her profession is?
    you're not the lord of the flies

Drummer is offline VSalonistas

Not sure if this has been posted, but Rock Center on NBC ran an extended report a couple of weeks ago with Betsy and Emma O'Reilly. I can only find the second half on of the story on line but it was very well done. Armstrong insiders say doping signs ignored for years - Video on NBCNews.com

Daltex is offline VSalonistas

I feel that if you are in the room as a visitor of a (at that moment terminal) cancer patient, you step out of the room if the doctor steps in, or you keep everything said confidential period.
    It's disgraceful anyone would do otherwise. One may not be legally obligated to do so, but common human decency would require it.
    Glenn Thompson
    http://Daltex.bike

TMB
    TMB is offline VSalonistas

Dear lord ....

SteveP is offline vSalon Legend

im thinking there may be a lot of armstrong/ andreu connection that is not in the public eye that would bring her down the path of
    " im not lying for that guy frankie and you shouldnt either"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast