Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving thanks (three from the hip).

thollandpe is offline VSalonistas

Default Giving thanks (three from the hip).

Tis the season . . . so three quickies (from the heart and off the cuff):

1. For the folks, physical and/or mental giants, that make this place roll. Simpatico o antipatico, the exchange of ideas while keeping it classy and respectful is unique and terrific. Like any locker room there is some towel snapping, but I haven't seen anybody put an eye out. Good thing because I need both for Friday Night Lights.
    2. That my work may tie me into knots but also gives me the space to untie them, like this week. For instance . . .
    3. That riding the damn bike still intrigues and amazes me. Yesterday I got to a place that's physically close but soberingly remote. So quiet that all I could hear was the ringing in my ears and the crunch of neck gristle when I turned my head.

Cheers, Tee Aitch

PS What are your three?

Saab2000 is offline VSalonistas

Default Re: Giving thanks (three from the hip).

1. Family
    2. Friends
    3. Food (on the table and a job to pay for it - not everyone is so fortunate)

and a bonus nr. 4. Health - so far, so good.

SteveP is offline vSalon Legend

yep
    cheers to everyone who makes this place cool.
    nice holidays.

Too Tall is offline VelocipedeSalon.1

Good stuff TeeeAchh.
    - Dumb luck, fortunate circumstances and the good grace that I've never deserved all amount to me being one luck SOB.
    - See above
    - Amazing friends

quickag is offline VSalonistas

1. perspective...
    2. karma...I seem to keep doing good things and good things seem to happen...slowly, but they're happening
    3. my brother died 3 years ago. My 6 year old still remembers the last day they spent together. Uncle Aaron took her to the pool. My daughters both recognize him as the first star in the sky at night.
    Respect all
    Fear none

RickM is offline VSalonistas

1) Health
    2) Happy Children
    3) Time
    3a) Perspective

David Tollefson is offline VSalonistas

Too seldom do I, or I suspect most of of us, take a pause to reflect on the fortunate circumstances in which we find ourselves. Sometimes by design, sometimes by blind happenstance. More than likely a blending of each tending towards the latter, or in my case, being fortunate in spite of my best efforts.

And so I tender these meager offerings of gratitude to God, Allah, The Great Spirit, The God of Chance, or whatever personification of fortune you prefer:

* The relative health I enjoy, enough so that I can pommel myself in pursuit of athletic mediocrity.
    * The love of my wife, daughter, and extended family, and their support in my life. I can't look in the mirror and say that I deserve either, but they're with my nonetheless.
    * The life I've lived that has made me what I am today. I can't look back and say that it's any kind of "example" to follow, but I can point to myself and say I'm stronger for it.

davids is offline VSalonista

I feel so damn fortunate. Here’s the first 3 the hit me:

For my ancestors, who persisted in being true to themselves and their people in the face of unimaginable adversity and had the courage to leave behind everything they’d ever known to drag themselves to this exceptional country. They gave me a heritage and identity that’s a source of never-ending discovery, and queued me up for the staggering freedom and opportunities I live with every day.

For my wife and daughter, whose exceptional lives I am privileged to share.

For my health, which I take less & less for granted as I grow older. I am so grateful to be able to run up a set of stairs; to tear around on a bike like a kid; to tussle under the sheets (kinda) like a randy teenager.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
    GO!

Matthew Strongin is online now VSalonistas

I can relate to much above.

- A few years in and I still give thanks for a second chance at a lifelong partnership by meeting my beautiful wife. Still makes me smile every day and every night...no matter what else is going on. And that woman loves with all her heart, and I thank her for that whether or not I'm always deserving.
    - That I'm still here to immerse myself in a ride after an incident early this year that could have seen me gone or at least lose my passion for these bike things.
    - My supportive family. The older I get, the closer we get.

jimbo is offline VSalonistas

1st and foremost, my beautiful wife. she is and always will be the best thing that has ever happened to me.
    2nd, my lovely daughter, she as a young teenager is a kind and beautiful soul.
    3rd, my love of cycling. it is the only thing that I'm truely passionate about, it does not deminish as the years go on. it's my escape, my joy, and my addiction.
    4th, I have a job. It drives me crazy and stresses me out, but I'm gainfully employed and grateful for it.

WayneJ is offline VSalonistas

I give Thanks to my wife and daughters for raising me. I'm the child in the family and always in need of some assistance to stay more or less on a straight path. I wander, they nudge and the process repeats. I can't image better parents than my kids.

Bicycle riding has been such a great source of joy in my life and it's now somewhat of a family affair which adds heaps to the joy. The sport has taken me to great places and I've met many wonderful people in the process. And I enjoy the buzz of endorphins my brain receives when I'm doing it well. It keeps me balanced .

To the sprinkling of dirt roads in my locale. They don't compare with D2R2 or the hills of VA, but they spice up my rides by adding a dimension that would otherwise be missing if I stuck only to the pavement.

Happy Thanksgiving !

WayneJ is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I feel so damn fortunate. Here’s the first 3 the hit me:

For my ancestors, who persisted in being true to themselves and their people in the face of unimaginable adversity and had the courage to leave behind everything they’d ever known to drag themselves to this exceptional country. They gave me a heritage and identity that’s a source of never-ending discovery, and queued me up for the staggering freedom and opportunities I live with every day.

For my wife and daughter, whose exceptional lives I am privileged to share.

For my health, which I take less & less for granted as I grow older. I am so grateful to be able to run up a set of stairs; to tear around on a bike like a kid; to tussle under the sheets (kinda) like a randy teenager.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
    [X] Love

(like justed didn't seem good enough)

mainemike is offline VSalonistas

i'm healthy and make a decent living, thus i can do what i want and love.
    i hve a great family, they prepared me well for life.
    selfishly and mostly though - i am thankful to live near the ocean. i won't bore you w/romantic bs, but i simply can't begin to describe/quantify what it gives, just an endless source of force/celebration/challenge/draw/beauty/fear/comfort/mood lift and unbridled whoop. i'm headed there now and can not fucking wait.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Matthew Strongin is online now VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    i am thankful to live near the ocean.
    I get it. Almost daily during a warm up, cool down, easy spin, or purposeful visit I ride along a couple miles of boardwalk inches from the sand and ocean. It's hard to have a bad day when you start with a bike ride watching the sun rise over the water. I'm thankful for that.

jerk is offline VSalonista

personally and professionally this has been a trying year to say the least.

i'm thankful for everything honestly.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

I work at Seven Cycles

I am also the person behind Gaulzetti Cicili

liv2bike is offline VSalonistas

Thankful for

- My beautiful wife and the 4 beautiful children she gave me. They are why I get up every day. They are why I breathe. Everything I do, I do it for them.
    - My health and the health of my family.
    - That I am able to provide everything for them. Very blessed in this way. Others are less fortunate. I met a family the other day. Had a small child and they were homeless. Talking to them brought tears to my eyes. Brought it full circle for me. They were grateful for my help but I was more grateful that I could help them.
    - For the men and women who serve this great Country we live in.

Give thanks tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving.

Guy
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

Chance Legstrong is offline VSalon Podium Boy

My health
    My children (their health and talents)
    My life and ALL that goes along with it
    "make the break"

1centaur is offline VSalonistas

In addition to the usual health and family ones:

1) That I live in this time in America (1960s to the present), which will prove a brief moment of glory for freedom and prosperity when the chronicles are written.

2) That I don't know what I don't know, because life without surprise is not worth living.

3) That I refound cycling almost by accident and so found and reforged myself just in time for the rest of my life.

xjoex is offline VSalonistas

This time last year, I was in SW PA working full time and going to grad school. Laura and I would spend every hike/ride talking about where we were going to end up when school was over. We are in the mountains now and it is great.

1. Grateful I am in CO.
    2. All of my family is in good health
    3. I love what I do.

-Joe
    Sunrise from Soulrun HQ this am.

false_aesthetic is offline VSalonistas

My lady.
    Having the chance to see my family multiple times this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast