Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cramps and bruising

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cramps and bruising

Is it possible for leg cramps to cause visible bruising? I cramped pretty badly this weekend on a climb and now have bruises on the insides of both of my thighs exactly where the cramps were. I did try and massage them out at the top of the climb, but not not hard enough to cause any physical bruising (at least I don't think so).
    Sharp as a lemon, with the zest of a knife

Post Thanks / Like

apparently it was.

hard enough to cause bruising. crazy things we do the the throes of the passion that is cycling.

i've cramped (quads) a plenty. ne'er a bruise.

Post Thanks / Like

A bruise is when you have blood between your layers of skin.

I don't deem it out of the realm of possibilities that you did bruise as your muscles cramped if it was really bad.

Post Thanks / Like

A student of mine uses electrical stimulation to induce calf cramp. The cramps are strong, but have never caused bruises. If you have a bruise then something bled - possibly damaged muscle(?). Do you have muscle soreness today?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you bruise easily on other occasions? not everyone brusies the same or even at all. I've cramped hard enough before that I believe on the right person it could cause bruising, when you cramp that hard, usually you are sore for a day or two from it, I use the stick on my legs after I cramp like that, it seems to make the recovery go faster. good luck