Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is awesome

xjoex is offline VSalonistas

Default This is awesome

Both of the wrenches for Rapha Focus use Soulrun Pro Tool Rolls now.
    Picture from Czech!

-Joe

echelon_john is offline VSalonistas

Default Re: This is awesome

that is, indeed, awesome. i love mine.

very cool.

now what kind of pump is that????

zetroc is offline VSalonistas

That's a Lezyne Travel Floor Drive - http://www.probikekit.com/us/tools-m...mp-silver.html

I kinda really want one.
    steve cortez

FNG

'nati Chris is offline VSalonistas

I've been eyeing your tool rolls for a while now since they'd be far nicer to throw in the back of the car than a tool box. My question is which one would you recommend for someone who wants to lug a decent selection of tools on a road trip but isn't a team pro mechanic?

Matthew Strongin is online now VSalonistas

I have a wrench roll for when I travel with my bike. I'd probably go bigger for something to keep in the car, but it's great for basic tools in my bike box. I'll leave the professional recommendation to Joe. For what it's worth, Laura may have been the nicest person I've ever done business with. Highly recommend.

Thanks Guys!

nati' Chris- Either would work for you depending on how much you want to carry. the Pro Tool Roll can fit a ton of gear, but the Wrench Roll would hold most everything but you'd leave a thing or too at home, like that hammer and 12" adjustable wrench. I keep a Wrench Roll in my truck if that helps!

-Joe

rwsaunders is offline VSalonistas

Epic Joe!

Too Tall is offline VelocipedeSalon.1

I'm calling you out Joe.

Start sewing me a Pro Tool Roll now y'hear?!!!

-HvA- is offline VSalonistas

Congrats! No bigger compliment than the endorsement of those that rely on their gear to make a living and support the others in doing the same.

the bottle ride is offline VSalonistas

I have Tool Roll and I use it all winter for road and MTB- I throw it in my jacket/long sleeve jersey rear pocket for the long rides.

I keep all the good there for the emergency- tubes, patches, lighter, full set of allen keys, chain tool, pump, and some things to eat (just in case).

The only down side is- people always ask me what it is and it always sucks to get "ahhhh's" & "ohhh's" at the start of the ride and not when I am rolling the gnarly singletrack....

It is one of the few bike purchases that I think is really-really worth the money- it will last, which is a litmus for me.

Great stuff.

JitteryJoe is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by the bottle ride View Post
    I have Tool Roll and I use it all winter for road and MTB- I throw it in my jacket/long sleeve jersey rear pocket for the long rides.

I keep all the good there for the emergency- tubes, patches, lighter, full set of allen keys, chain tool, pump, and some things to eat (just in case).

You keep the Tool Roll in your jersey pocket? That seems a little large for a jersey pocket.
    Asking only because I'm trying to figure out which of joex's product would work; the jersey wallet seems a little small but the tool rolls too big.

We were actually thinking of "reintroducing" a small tool roll again. For you jersey pocket types. I think we'll have some in the shop next week.

TT I have two pro tool rolls in the shop tonight send me an email if they don't strike your fancy. We can do some custom colors for you.

-Joe

the bottle ride is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by fishtaco View Post
    You keep the Tool Roll in your jersey pocket? That seems a little large for a jersey pocket.
    Asking only because I'm trying to figure out which of joex's product would work; the jersey wallet seems a little small but the tool rolls too big.
    Like the threads name- "this is awesome"

Normally I also have a road bike tube in there as well and the quick links are not showing either....

One of the great feautures is that you can cinch down the bag and keep the kitchen sink in there. Advil is in there too!

Yes- it is big, but I hardly notice it once in the middle pocket of a good jersey or jacket.
    It is about the size of a water bottler once I pack it up correctly.... but it has everything a biker could need.

Product has merit on its own-
    but the cherry on top is that it goes to help two awesome people in Colorado I do not know.

JitteryJoe is offline VSalonistas

sounds like a plan. Thx!

Too Tall is offline VelocipedeSalon.1

Hmmm, boy that would go great in the middle (patent pending) Stiffy-BP pocket of a VSalon full zip LS wool jersey from Wabi. BRING THE CHEESE ;)

Kidding sort of not really. What makes these tool rolls fantastic is exactly what you are saying. They rollup tightly into a lovely vertical package that fits just right in the middle pocket.

Pardon my enthusiasm since I've been rocking an ancient SoulRun wallet since before Joe and Co were world famous. Seeing his products flow intelligently and steadily into the mainstream give me goosebumps. It's not a huge deal and neither are the Wabi products but they matter to the guys who make them and to enough folks who appreciate handmade goods that it does amount to something. Lifestyle and purpose are two words that come to mind. Than again Frickin' Studs, the both of em', are words that also come to mind.

I'm done.

Peace, J
    Quote Originally Posted by the bottle ride View Post
    Like the threads name- "this is awesome"

Normally I also have a road bike tube in there as well and the quick links are not showing either....

One of the great feautures is that you can cinch down the bag and keep the kitchen sink in there. Advil is in there too!

Yes- it is big, but I hardly notice it once in the middle pocket of a good jersey or jacket.
    It is about the size of a water bottler once I pack it up correctly.... but it has everything a biker could need.

Product has merit on its own-
    but the cherry on top is that it goes to help two awesome people in Colorado I do not know.

You asked for smaller tool rolls and we made them! We have a huge batch of mini tool rolls. Which are not diminutive, just a bit smaller than our original. Perfect for light and fast folks or your jersey pocket.

Check them out here: soulrun handmade outdoor products by soulrun on Etsy

Thanks for looking!
    -Joe

velobran is offline VSalonistas

I was waiting for you to make one of these. Bought.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

xeladragon is offline VSalonistas

Joe, how are the mini tool rolls as saddle bags? OK or not suggested? Got pics? I just picked up a Topeak Wedge but... these are mighty hard to resist. Thanks!

vpierce is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by xeladragon View Post
    Joe, how are the mini tool rolls as saddle bags? OK or not suggested? Got pics? I just picked up a Topeak Wedge but... these are mighty hard to resist. Thanks!
    Just wondering the same thing.

Good question. We no longer market them as saddle bags because their are too many combinations of seat and post for us to guarantee a perfect fit. And we are not big enough to take returns of used seat bags...

That said, I have used a strap to attach them to a seat without a problem. I have used a toe strap and also a velcro strap.

Let me know if you have questions.
    -Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast